Tuesday, September 19, 2006

LibraryThing

Ok, was I the only one that thought of the Addams' Family when you got to this thing. I don't know what it was about the name LibraryThing but I just picture that hand crawling around.
Anyway, back to the thing at hand. I found this site extremely easy to use. Probably the easiest thing I've signed up for and used online and I thought it was fun too. I don't know how much I will really use this site since I find it hard to use sites that recommend other books that people think I would like. Usually I do much better choosing my own books by serendipity. I like shelves. I do think its an easy way to keep track of your books though. I have a paper list of all the books I read. Not sure I quite want to give that up yet but I'll try this out for a while and see how it goes.
I especially liked looking at my own 'author cloud' and the LibraryThing author cloud. It was a really easy way to see what I have the most of. If I really got all the books I've read in there, it would be even more fun to look at.
Hmm, well here's my catalog. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home