Friday, September 22, 2006

Mmmmmm . . . Del.icio.us

I don't think you can really appreciate what del.icio.us is without trying it out for yourself. I enjoyed adding sites but I think it will take some continued adding and use to really appreciate what powers the site has. I couldn't think of too many sites I really wanted to bookmark there all at once but I'm sure as I continue to do my regular job I'll add more and more. The easy button added to my links will definitely encourage me to use this resource. I think I'll bookmark all the sites we used for our 23 things! Here's what I've done on my del.icio.us so far.
I discovered a really cool site while exploring on del.icio.us: Dogster.com. Its myspace for dogs!! I loved looking at all the many pics of people's pets and adoptable dogs that are posted. It has a space for a dog blog too! I don't know if they have something like this for other types of pets but I'll be looking. I'd love to have one for my ferrets too. I haven't yet created a space for my doggie Leeloo but I'll be adding her soon. You should check out this site.
I had a lot of fun with this one and I really don't know how much I would use this for reference work since much of what I do is reader's advisory and comes out of my head but we shall see! I'm sure it would be very helpful, however, for those working with people more interested in research and strict reference work. It would be so easy to get to the best sites you've found on a topic. This would also be a good way to keep up with current info on any given topic.
Well, I'm on to my next thing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home