Sunday, April 01, 2007

Happily Ever After Day 1

So, I'm trying out this devotional book Happily Ever After by Kristin Armstrong (former wife of Lance Armstrong). I'm going through a (God I hate saying this) divorce. It will be a year before NC lets me say I'm done since they insist on a year of separation sooo it would be good to have some sort of guide through this. I checked this book out from the library and depending on how it goes, I may buy it. I can't keep the book out for the whole year!
Anyway, Day 1's verse is Exodus 12:2 - This month is to be for you the first month, the first month of your year. It really doesn't feel like my year but apparently God "loves to laugh at the impossible" so we'll see. I would like to move on. I would like to have true love, covenantal love. I would like to have a family and all my dreams come true. I don't know if that's possible and I'm so crushed and disappointed that it didn't happen already. I had a goal to be on my way to marriage by 25. Being on my way to divorce at 26 was not part of the plan. Now, I'm not sure what goals to set. I would like to be whole again in 6 months. I would like for God to send a man that is going to lift me up and be a true Christian. I would like to not fall too head over heels to see the truth. I would like to stop being scared. I need to make good Godly decisions. I need God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home